To use our CI client, download the screenster-ci.jar file to a directory on your CI server. To run your projects, add the following command invocation to your favorite CI tool:
java -Duser=<userEmail> -Dpassword=<userPassword> -jar <screensterCIFolderPath>/screenster-ci.jar <projectList>
- screensterCIFolderPath – path to the folder with the unzipped Screenster CI client.
- projectList – the list of project names separated with commas. Example:
My Project1, My Project2
- userEmail – user login to tests.screenster.com. Example: email@example.com
- userPassword – password of the account at tests.screenster.com.
Also the optional parameters can be passed
- browserList – the list of browsers separated with comma, on which the tests will be run. Default value – chrome,firefox.
- host – the link to the running Screenster. Default value – http://localhost:7070
- type – by default you are executing selected Screenster projects with your CI jobs but if you set this parameter to suite, you’ll be able to execute selected suites instead.
java -Duserfirstname.lastname@example.org -Dpassword=123456 -Dbrowsers=chrome -jar d:\ScreensterCi\screenster-ci.jar -Dtype=suite My Suite1, My Suite2
In order to prolong your Screenster job on CI, you need to modify the following parameter in the CI file: -Dretries.count.
By default, it is set to 120 retry attempts. You can set it to be longer. For example, the following value:
will provide 3 hours’ time for your tests in this job.
- Create a “Run tests on Screenster” job
- Add build step named “Execute Windows batch command” and put there the command described above.
A generated report can be found in the folder named “reports” located in the ScreensterCI folder.
- Put Screenster CI client screenster-ci.jar into root directory of your repository next to .travis.yml file
- Update .travis.yml file by adding into “script” configuration block the command described above.
- Create a “Run Tests on Screenster” build configuration for your TeamCity project
- Add new build step with “Command Line” runner type and put into “Custom script” field the command described above.
- Create a “Run Tests on Screenster” build plan for your Bamboo project
- Add new “Script” task under “Default Job” of newly created build plan
- Select cmd.exe interpreter and put into “Script body” field the command described above.