Local Installation of the Screenster Server
You can run Screenster UI tests on a cloud or a local Windows server. If you choose to run Screenster on the cloud, our team will handle server setup for you. If you prefer working with a server on premise, you’ll need to manually install and setup your QA automation infrastructure.
This section will cover the details of working with a local Screenster server.
Supported browsers and OS
Screenster enables testers to record and run tests in real browser instances inside of the platform. The three currently supported browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and IE.
The current version of the Screenster server requires Windows, with Linux support coming soon. We recommend that you install Screenster on a standalone server or a VM that is a part of your CI environment.
|Operating system||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Video display||1024 x 768|
|Disk Space||5 GB|
User access rights
Screenster installation requires admin rights, so if you installed it on your machine, there should be no problem running it. If somebody else performed the installation, make sure you have the admin rights to launch the server under your current account.
In rare cases, changes to your local security settings may influence your access rights. If your access rights have been modified, reconfigure them by following these steps:
- Find the Screenster service in your Local Services folder
- Stop the service if it is running
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Go to the Log On tab and select the This account option
- Click on Browse to add your account (unless the fields are already pre-populated)
- Find a necessary account name by browsing locations or by checking available names after typing some hint
- Re-check the password and save your changes
- Restart the Screenster service
- Try to open localhost:7070 – it might require a couple of minutes for the service to start. After the page has opened, you can log in with your Screenster credentials
Visit the Release History page to check what is new and what has been improved in the current version of Screenster.