The history of Screenster automated visual testing tool releases.
August 14, 2017
- Algorithm of comparison is improved!
- Content verification was added
- Differences are marked more detailed now: new, changed, deleted
- Highlighting of shifted pixels for visual verification was implemented
- Overall performance improvement
April 13, 2017
- Screenster UI is updated!
- New functionality of Tests’ Suites was added
- UX is much better now!
- Tutorial for beginners was implemented
- Help section was added
- Couple of minor bugs were fixed as well.
March 16, 2017
- Resolutions for various kinds of devices added to the recording options
- Custom resolutions are now allowed as well when recording
- Test optimization algorithm was stabilized
- Fixed an issue with overriding a test with custom URL during playback
- Tests with file uploading steps are now exported without errors
- A few other functionality and performance improvements made.
March 3, 2017
- Issue with CI plugin in Firefox 50x fixed
- Fixed the problem with Screenster ‘freezing’ after a temporary loss of connection with the Portal
- Playback of tests was optimized
- A few minor fixes and improvements.
February 21, 2017
- Enabled sending test messages in the Notifications section for custom credentials
- Cancel recording functionality works more smoothly now
- Stabilized the processing of ignore rules on step level
- Screenster’s nightly backup run does not block running tests anymore
- Improved the embedded browsers performance and fixed a few bugs.
February 8, 2017
- Improved performance: test recording is 2x time faster now!
- Improved view of differences on screenshots
- Test playback works stable now
- Issue with failing to stop test recording automatically by timeout was resolved
- Problem with ‘Error on performing DB operation’ message was fixed
- Full user access to Admin pages was restored.
January 26, 2017
- Capturing pages with PDF content works stable now
- Import of tests from older releases was fixed
- Extend test feature was improved
- Additional security measures to protect passwords typed during recording were added
- Fixed the issue with help messages shown too frequently
January 12, 2017
- Ignore dynamic region feature works more stable now
- Fixed issues with Help message fonts
- A few other defects have been fixed and UI became more user-friendly
December 30, 2016
- Fixed issues with password input
- Improved auto-ignore region feature performance
- A couple of minor bugs was fixed
December 23, 2016
- Improved UI and UX
- Preconfigured Screenster servers in the Cloud
- Auto-ignore dynamic content feature works more stable now
- Help section is added on each page
- Several bugs were fixed
November 19, 2016
- Auto-ignore dynamic content: Screenster detects dynamic elements after the first playback and suggests users to ignore them at once
- Optimization: skip image verification when action doesn’t change the page
- Faster browser initialization when recording and running tests
November 2, 2016
- Browser pool management: preparing browser instances for recording and shutting them down when they are not needed
- More user-friendly system messages
- Improved performance
- Several bugs fixed
September 13, 2016
- Concurrent test execution
- Project-level URL overriding
- Pre-launched browsers, to start recording tests instantly
- More user-friendly CSS locator, and
- Demo Server goes live!
June 27, 2016
- Auto-updates implemented
- Portal for Screenster users created, with improved profile management options
- Improved UX
- Several bugs fixed
June 1, 2016
- Visual baseline with changes approval
- Record/playback of visual tests
- Ignore regions for dynamic UI
- Smart dates handling
- Extend/parameterize tests
- Smart locators with auto-maintenance
- Jenkins integration and REST API
Download Screenster server and let us know what you think!