Screenster Installation Description
Screenster visual testing tool runs on a server and is accessed by users through any web browser. Currently Screenster server runs only on Windows because it needs to support Internet Explorer but Linux version is coming out soon. We recommend that you install Screenster on a standalone server or a VM that is part of your CI environment.
Download and run Screenster setup. It will add Windows service Screenster that should autostart with the server. Screenster comes packaged with Chrome and Firefox so nothing else for you to install. You are done!
System Requirements For Screenster
|Operating system||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Video display||1024 x 768|
|Disk Space||5 GB|
Troubleshooting the problem with user access rights when launching Screenster locally
Normally, installing Screenster requires administrator’s rights, so if you were able to install it on your machine there should be no problems to get it running. However, in some cases you might not be able to launch it right away under your current account: e.g. it was installed by another person who has the administrator’s access or your local security settings have been modified since then.
In order to re-configure access rights for the Screenster application you need to follow these steps:
- Find the Screenster service in your Local Services folder
- Stop the service if it is running
- Right-click on it and select ‘Properties’
- Go to the ‘Log On’ tab and select the “This account” option
- Click on ‘Browse’ to add your account (unless the fields are already pre-populated)
- Find a necessary account name by browsing locations or by checking available names after typing some hint
- Re-check the password and save your changes
- Restart the Screenster service
- Try to open localhost:7070 – it might require a couple of minutes for the service to start. After the page has opened, you can log in with your Screenster credentials
Please visit the Release History page to check what is new and what has been improved in your current Screenster version.